Working to provide individuals with the knowledge, the skills and the resources necessary to reduce their risk of infection. With the belief that with basic knowledge of HIV, the proper skills, and sufficient practice individuals can successfully avoid infection thus fulfilling the reality that HIV infection is 100% preventable.
- Increase awareness of HIV in high-risk populations (MSM, PWID).
- Provide individuals at high-risk for HIV with the knowledge necessary to reduce their risk for infection.
- Teach high-risk populations the skills necessary to reduce their risk for infection.
- Link individuals with opportunities to learn their HIV status (offered by Alder Health and community partners).
- Improve communication skills of individuals at risk for infection – increasing their ability of comfort in communicating to their partners about HIV and STDs.