Family Planning includes a number of services designed to contribute to your overall health and wellness. At Alder Health, we realize that there are many reasons why patients may avoid cervical cancer screenings and our goal is to remove those barriers to help you stay healthy. At Alder Health these services are offered in a caring, confidential, and supportive environment.
Our Family Planning initiatives include:
- Contraceptive education
- Methods of contraception vary by effectiveness, side effects, and benefits. Alder Health offers several methods of pregnancy and disease prevention. Alder’s staff will work with you to find the method that best suits your needs and concerns.
- Sexually transmitted infection testing and treatment
- Pregnancy testing and planning
- Alder Health offers pregnancy testing and can help refer you to caring affirming providers for follow up services such as counseling and infertility services.
- “Healthy Parts” cancer screenings. The best defense against cancer is early detection and many in the LGBTQ community miss out on important cancer screenings which provide early detection. “If you’ve got it, check it!”
For more information or to schedule an appointment for any Family Planning services contact us at (717) 233-7190.