Dear Community Stakeholder:
The LGBT Community Center of Central PA is organizing an important community forum on HIV criminalization and we would like to invite your organization to co-sponsor the forum with us. The forum will be presented in a panel discussion format and held Tues., May 2, 6-8 p.m. at 1306 N. 3rd Street, Harrisburg, PA 17102; (717) 920-9534. The forum is open to the public.
The panel includes Ronda Goldfein, Esq., Executive Director, AIDS Law Project of Pennsylvania; Sean Strub,
the founder of POZ Magazine and executive director of the Sero Project; Rosemary Browne, CEO, Alder Health Services, Harrisburg/Lancaster; and Julie Graham, local HIV-positive individual who will share her personal experiences with HIV laws. Audience Q&A follows the presentation.
In recent years, HIV criminalization has been recognized as an important and growing problem, including in Pennsylvania, not only imposing injustices on people living with HIV but also harming efforts to reduce HIV transmission.
HIV criminalization reform is necessary to end the epidemic; we can prosecute HIV or we can prevent it, but we cannot do both. We would like your group to join us as a co-sponsor to help us reach a larger audience as well as make a statement about how HIV criminalization reform is important to a wide range of community, public health and social justice organizations.
There is no cost to your organization to co-sponsor. All we ask is the following:
- You provide your logo for us to include on the e-flyer we will create;
- You authorize us to list your organization as a co-sponsor in press releases;
- You agree to promote the forum through your list serves and social media channels.
If you are able to support this event as a co-sponsor, please send us your logo in a high-res file. We will send you the e-flyer as soon as it is ready.
If interested in assisting with this event or you have a question, please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program details below.
- Louie Marven, Executive Director, LGBT Community Center of Central PA
- Rosemary Browne, CEO, Alder Health Services, Harrisburg/Lancaster
- Ronda Goldfein, Esq., Executive Director, AIDS Law Project of Pennsylvania
- Sean Strub, POZ Magazine founder and executive director of the Sero Project