Alder Health is committed to providing high-quality comprehensive Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) in a comfortable, safe and respectful environment. Alder Health Services specializes in providing informed care for trans men, trans women, gender non-conforming, gender queer, non-binary and affirmed men and women. Alder Health Services believes in having an engaging patient process with an emphasis on partnership, education, and self-determination.
Alder Health Hormone Replacement Therapy Services
Alder Health is committed to the LGBT community, providing a unique, holistic view of health through several integrated health services. We offer a relaxed, supportive, non-judgmental environment where our patients can address both their physical and behavioral health under one roof. If you would like to learn more about hormone replacement therapy or information on any of the other services, we offer, please contact Alder Health Services online or call 717.233.7190.
Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) Office Visit Rates
New Patient Visit – $100
Follow-up Visit – $75
How the Process Works
Prior to your first appointment, we request a letter of support from an informed behavioral health provider. It is important to have a supportive professional in your corner as you begin a new chapter in your life. it is important that you request your previous health records to assist the provider and you in mapping out an appropriate treatment plan.
Your first appointment will allow the provider to get to know you and review the risks and benefits of starting HRT. Lab work to check kidney and liver functioning, current hormone levels and other basic labs. Once the provider has reviewed your lab work, you will begin your HRT regimen.
Alder Health Services encourages individuals using injectable medications to come into the office for their first injection where will train you on how correctly and safely administer your medication.
HRT Referral Letter Requirements
Alder Health Services adheres to standards set forth by the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH). Alder Health Services acknowledges that a relationship with a well-informed mental health professional is an important part of a successful transition. Mental Health providers should be well educated on the standards of care for Transgender Health.
A referral letter for Hormone Therapy is required prior to starting Hormone Therapy with Alder Health Services.
Requirements for a letter is listed below. Letters that do not meet the following format will be returned for completion. To avoid delay of treatment, please take the time to review the following requirements.
- The client’s general identifying characteristics;
- Results of the client’s psychosocial assessment, including diagnose;
- The duration of the referring provider’s relationship with the client, including the type of evaluation and therapy or counseling to date;
- The author should list their experience in treating transgender clients.
- An explanation that the criteria for hormone therapy have been met, and a brief description of the clinical rationale for supporting the client’s request for hormone therapy
- A statement about the fact that informed consent has been obtained from the client
- A statement that the referring provider is available for coordination of care.
- Address plans for post hormone therapy services and/or counseling
For more information on The World Professional Association for Transgender Health please visit their website: http://www.wpath.org