A True Partnership With Our Patients
At Alder Health, we are passionate about creating an environment that encourages our patients to be who they are. We are focused on helping the people we serve make the best possible decisions regarding their health care, and on building strong, honest and lasting relationships. We offer a wide range of services that address both your mental and physical health needs under the same roof. Patients are scheduled for appointments that are a minimum of 20 minutes with our family doctors in Harrisburg, PA, to assure adequate time to discuss health needs and priorities.
Services we provide:
- – Preventative care and routine physicals
- – Chronic illness management
- – Immunizations, including Flu Shots
- – Birth control and family planning
- – Gynecological Care
- – Transgender health services, including hormone therapy
- – Gender Affirming health care
- – PrEP – a daily treatment to prevent HIV
- – Infectious disease care, including HIV and Hepatitis C
- – Sexual health services
Accepted Insurance Plans For Primary Care:
We treat all individuals with respect regardless of insurance status.
Choosing a Primary Care Medical Provider in Harrisburg, PA
Selecting a primary care medical care provider is one of the most important decisions you can make, so it is vital that you take the time to do some research. Here are a few tips to help you make the right choice.
- – Get Referrals – Talk to friends, family members and co-workers when choosing a primary care medical provider in Central PA. If you know any healthcare professionals, get their opinions as well.
- – Make sure that the physicians you are choosing from are in-network with your insurance plan. You can contact your health insurance provider to get a list of participating primary care physicians.
- – The Convenience Factor – It is also very important to take into account how convenient it will be to visit the doctor you choose. Is his or her office close to your home or work? Also, make sure you find out the doctor’s office hours.
- – Schedule Visits – Once you narrow your choices of family doctors in Harrisburg, PA, to two or three, schedule a visit with each of them so you can get an idea of how comfortable they make you feel. Pay attention to not just how the doctor interacts with you, but his or her staff members as well. The way you are treated on your initial visit will be a very good indication of the type of service you will receive.
The primary care medical providers in Harrisburg, PA, with Alder Health Services are committed to providing their patients with the highest quality services in a comfortable, nurturing and nonjudgmental setting. Alder Health offers primary care services to the public as well as the LGBTQ community in Harrisburg.
If you would like to speak with one of our primary care medical providers in Harrisburg, PA, schedule an appointment by calling us at 717-233-7190.