*** Limited evening hours available by appointment only, call us at 717-233-7190 to learn more***
The LGBT-friendly primary care physicians in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, at Alder Health Services are committed to improving the health of all people in South Central Pennsylvania by enabling them to make informed decisions regarding their healthcare. Every one of our staff members is passionate about fostering an environment that is comfortable, affirming and honest; while maintaining the highest-quality of services to address an individual’s physical and mental health needs. We offer a wide range of health services in our Harrisburg, PA office.
Regardless of your gender identity or sexual orientation, our LGBT friendly primary care doctors in Harrisburg, PA, will deliver comprehensive care. These are just some of the health services we provide:
– Primary Care – Our goal is to provide culturally competent health care to meet the needs of individuals regardless of their gender identity or sexual orientation. At Alder Health we recognize the unique barriers that individuals of the LGBT community face when seeking health care. Our LGBT friendly primary care physicians in Harrisburg, PA ensure they have enough time to discuss their patient’s concerns and their health needs.
– PrEP Treatment for HIV – Alder Health offers the pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) treatment Truvada, which has been shown to significantly lower the HIV infection rate among men who have sex with men (MSM). The drug has shown little to no short- or long-term side effects. You can set up an appointment with a provider at Alder Health Services to explore if PrEP is right for you.
– STD/HIV Testing – Walk-in testing is available every Wednesday from 4pm-8pm at our Harrisburg, PA office. HIV rapid testing is offered to individuals engaged in high risk behaviors (MSM, IV drug users, partner of a positive person, individuals engaging in anonymous sex, sex workers, etc.). Testing for anal, oral and/or viral gonorrhea, chlamydia and syphilis is also available during walk-in hours. We provide the support and treatment you need if any of the results are positive.
– Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) – For someone who is transitioning, having someone to turn to for support and expert advice is critical. Alder Health’s primary care physicians in Harrisburg, PA, provide just that. We offer Hormone Replacement Therapy in our Harrisburg office to individuals 16 years of age and older. Our affirming physicians will closely monitor your hormone levels to ensure that you are feeling like your true and best self.
Choosing LGBT-Friendly Primary Care Doctors in Harrisburg PA
The LGBT primary care physicians in Harrisburg, PA, with Alder Health Services want you to be as comfortable and confident as possible in your choice of doctor. Here are a few tips to help ensure you make the right decision.
- – Call your insurance provider and see if it has a list of LGBT-friendly primary care doctors in Harrisburg, PA. If they don’t, ask if they could put one together.
- – Contact your local LGBT community center to see if it can provide any referrals.
- – When you have narrowed down your choices, talk to each doctor to make sure he or she has previously worked with LGBT patients. Observe closely whether or not the doctors you speak with seem comfortable in your presence, and whether or not you are able to freely discuss your sexuality with them.
Contact Alder Health Services
With a history that stretches back more than 30 years, Alder Health Services has proudly provided behavioral and physical health care to the LGBT community. If you are looking for LGBT-friendly primary care physicians in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, we hope you turn to us first. Schedule an appointment today by calling 717-233-7190 or contact us online to learn more. We are currently accepting new patients with Highmark, Capital Blue Cross and self-pay insurances.