Community Outreach Coordinator
Community Outreach Coordinator
Summary: The community outreach coordinator will carry out responsibilities which ensure high quality, well-coordinated outreach methods according to Alder Health Service's mission. The community outreach coordinator will work closely with the creative services manager and other departments to update and complete all social media, website, and community outreach, by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Keeps track of awareness day events and social media postings.*
2. Conducts in-person prevention outreach, including Prep education, at local gay bars on a weekly basis.*
3. Conducts weekly HIV/STI testing.*
4. Participates in HIV/STI testing events.*
5. Distributes and maintains wellness, education, and prevention resources and material.*
6. Works with creative services manager to maintain social media accounts and create new postings.*
7. Helps to maintain and create printed outreach material as needed.*
8. Creates Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube videos to showcase events, awareness days, and other health and wellness material.*
9. Works with other departments to create content for social media and the webpage for Alder events and awareness days.*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, as well as other social media platforms.
Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university; and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Social media experience in a professional setting
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
· Time management
· Social media management
· Oral and written communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, and use hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), and outdoor weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.