Direct Service Coordinator
Direct Service Coordinator
Summary: Responsible for providing support and advances the mission and vision of Alder Health Services through the coordination of housing services and other programs for HIV+ individuals. The position assures the high quality and patient-centered delivery of all collaborations between individuals in the community and Alder Health Services. Direct Service Coordinators recognize the unique needs of persons who are HIV+ and individuals who have traditionally been marginalized by the healthcare system by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Provides strengths-based, client-centered & client-driven housing coordination and other support services. Housing Coordinators will complete interim updates and annual recertifications of clients enrolled in the housing program: Tenant Based Rental Assistance (TBRA) .*
2. Manages a small case load of case management clients.*
3. Becomes a certified HIV/STI testing counselor.*
4. Participates in our free HIV/STI testing clinic and testing events.*
5. Provides case management assistance to those who qualify who may not be enrolled in the case management program.*
6. Assists clients with housing needs including but not limited to: Applications for low-income, disabled, senior, and/or other affordable housing, applications for Section 8 and Public Housing waiting lists, contacting landlords and property owners, and other tasks as applicable.*
7. Creates long and short-term housing goals with patients in SMART goal format.*
8. Coordinates linkages to services, entitlement programs, and community resources necessary to address client identified housing needs and barriers to.*
9. Coordinates linkages to services, entitlement programs, and community resources necessary to address client identified housing needs and barriers to.*
10. Participates in mandator and voluntary professional development trainings.*
11. Remains current on HIV treatment issues and community resources/agencies for referrals.*
12. Maintains a positive and professional work relationship with community partners and Alder Health Services staff.*
13. Ensures the highest level of confidentiality for all clients, client physical and digital records, and client related issues.*
14. Provides assistance to clients as needed when their assigned case managers are out of the office (on extended PTO, vacation, etc.).*
15. Travels occasionally between Harrisburg and Lancaster office as needed.*
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, ETO and CAREWare, training will be provided.
Bachelor's degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid Driver's License
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
· High level of comfort working with diverse populations, specifically the LGBTQ+ community and individuals living with HIV/AIDS
· Time management
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
· Must possess reliable, personal transportation
· This position works throughout the community and occasionally requires a vehicle to complete the assigned job duties
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.