Full Time Mental Health Therapist
Provides high quality behavioral health care that meets the needs of the LGBT community, individuals living with HIV/AIDS, and others marginalized by the health care system by performing the following duties:
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Serves individuals with mental illness.*
2. Provides high-quality, compassionate, and ethical outpatient mental health therapy.*
3. Completes clinical documentation within two weeks of date of services, preferred completion on a daily basis.*
4. Maintains required billable hours, works a minimum of one evening per week, and maintains work hours in a way that is responsive to client needs.*
5. Performs clinical assessments and develops treatment plans in accordance with client goals and regulatory standards.*
6. Utilizes a variety of clinical interventions individualized to client goals and preferences.*
7. Practices from a culturally aware, client centered, strengths based, trauma informed perspective.*
8. Completes assessment tools with each client at intake and during treatment plan updates.*
9. Updates treatment plans every 120 days or 15 visits.*
10. Responsible for being knowledgeable and comfortable with World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH) guidelines.*
11. Provides on call services for after hours on a rotating basis.*
12. Stays current with updated research and best practices.*
13. Maintains good standing with the appropriate licensing board and insurance entities.*
14. Completes all recommended continuing education requirements (30 hours every two years).*
15. Participates actively as a positive member of the clinic environment.*
16. Serves as an advocate for the needs of individuals impacted by HIV/AIDS and individuals who have traditionally been marginalized by the healthcare system*
17. Remains aware of community resources and makes appropriate referrals as necessary.*
18. Advocates and coordinates required services or resolves emergency problems in crisis situations.*
19. Secures client information per HIPPA standards.*
20. Ensures the highest level of confidentiality for all clients, client records, and client-related issues.*
21. Adheres to all personnel policies as approved by the Board of Directors.*
22. Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software and internet software.
Master's degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or related field; one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience with diverse populations with a special emphasis upon the target populations of Alder Health Services preferred
Certificates and Licenses:
• Master’s degree form an accredited college or university in social work, counseling, psychology or a related field
• Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed in Professional Counselor (LPC)
• Successful completion of a criminal background check, child abuse, and FBI clearances
Must be able to learn and utilize Electronic Health Record system
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
• Strong time management skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with arms and hands.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.