Job title: Receptionist
Reports to: Primary Care Clinic Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Summary: Acts as the first point of contact for visitors, clients, patients and guests of Alder Health Services. Provides clerical and clinical support to the medical and mental health practitioners by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities: include but are not limited to the following:
1. Open and close office.*
2. Checks patients in and out for medical and mental health appointments. (telehealth and in person)*
3. Collect copays in person, over the phone and through telehealth.*
4. Manage medication refill requests by phone, fax and email.*
5. Learns and properly utilizes electronic health record (EHR).*
6. Processes medical records requests with valid release and submits records to social security in a timely manner.*
7. Receives faxes and properly distributes.*
8. Answer phone calls in a polite, professional and timely manner and mitigates any problems that may arise.*
9. Walks patient through HRT process over the phone.*
10. Responsible for knowledge of services we provide and through which provider/ department in order to properly direct patients and clients.*
11. Properly handles messages for other agency staff.*
12. Maintains staff bins- check them on a daily basis and respond to providers in a timely manner.*
13. Maintain tickler lists, assist with patient scheduling for medical and mental health appointments.*
14. Enter all patient paperwork received.*
15. Participates at community events.*
16. Attends monthly Front Office meetings.*
17. Attends bi-monthly staff meetings.*
18. Completes annual trainings as assigned.*
19. Attends agency-wide events.*
20. Organize reception space and clinic common areas.*
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent and to draw/ interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, internet software and order processing systems.
Education/ Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED): or two to four years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fax machine
- Copy machine
- Postage machine
- Label maker
- Bloodborne pathogents
- Mandated reporter training certification
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Professionalism and good manners
- Time management skills
- Trustworthiness in handling money, checks and debit transactions
- Ability to maintain privacy of others and patients
- Ability to de-escalate stressful situation
- Organizational skills
- Oral and written communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, talk and hear. The employee may be required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus and ability to see color.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to bloodborne pathogens and bodily fluids. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.