Alder Health Services
Job Title: Wellness Coordinator
Department: Education and Wellness Services
Reports To: Director of education and Wellness Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: Responsible for providing leadership and advancing the mission and objectives of Alder Health Services through the implementation and oversight of wellness programming and health education efforts focusing on the LGBTQ community and those served by Alder Health Services in South Central Pennsylvania by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Modifies strategies to meet the unique needs and challenges of the LGBTQ community.*
2. Creates objectives and appropriates programs and materials to assure that the project fulfills those objectives.*
3. Conducts organizational and participant outreach to recruit community members while positively engaging with participants to ensure retention.*
4. Maintains a culture that reflects the missions and values of Alder Health Services.*
5. Utilizes conflict resolution and risk-reduction practices when necessary.*
6. Ensures safety of participants at all times.*
7. Establishes and maintains required paperwork for participants and program data.*
8. Builds relationships in order to partner and collaborate with local community entities.*
9. Establishes volunteers for programming.*
10. Submits documentation, data, and reports as required by the Director of Education and Wellness Services.*
11. Provides STD and HIV counseling and testing services.*
12. Coordinates the offering of community-based testing and screening services offered to individuals within the LGBTQ community.*
13. Ensures the highest level of confidentiality for all clients, client records, and client-related issues.*
14. Maintains a necessary connections within the community for the provision of high quality an defective wellness and health education services.*
15. Serves as an advocate for the needs of individuals within the LGTBQ community and others served by Alder Health Services.*
16. Adheres to all personnel policies as approved by the Board of Directors.*
17. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Education and Wellness Services.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
Bachelor's degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university; and one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
· High level of HIV and STD knowledge preferred
· Understanding of behavioral science theory desirable
· Experience working with LGBTQ individuals and comfort with diverse populations
· Experience with planning and implementation of health education and recreation activities
· Bilingual skills preferred (Spanish-English)
· Valid Pennsylvania Driver's License, reliable transportation, and valid insurance required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to blood borne pathogens. The employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.