Alder Health Services
Job Title: Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner
Department: Primary Care
Direct Report: Medical Director and CEO
Status: Full-time, Part-time
Summary: Provides culturally excellent clinical care to patients. Diagnoses and treats acute, episodic, or chronic illnesses independently or as part of a healthcare team. Orders, performs, and interprets diagnostic tests such as lab work and x-rays and prescribes medication by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Collaborates with other departments within the agency to ensure integration and continuity of care.
2. Remains current in the proper and culturally excellent treatment and prescribing practices of LGBTQ+ patients.
3. Attends bi-monthly health center meetings.
4. Maintains proper licensure and board certification.
5. Complies with oversight by collaborating physician and works within the midlevel licensure.
6. Functions independently to perform appropriate health interventions to acute, critical, and chronically ill patients.
7. Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities.
8. Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals.
9. Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of appropriate health needs of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender patients, and transgender health care protocols (WPATH).
10. Treats and oversees medical requirements associated with STD testing and treatment.
11. Serves as an advocate for the needs of individuals impacted by HIV/AIDS and the LGBTQ+ community.
12. Performs on-call duties on a rotational basis.
13. Assist in continuing adherence to Family Planning grant (reporting, administrative duties, etc.).
14. Attends outside functions at the request of the president and chief executive officer.