Board of Directors
Alder Health Services' board of directors is comprised of leaders in our community who volunteer their time and services to contribute to, guide and strengthen the work of our organization while ensuring continued adherence to our vision and mission.
Alder Health Services is proud to have 100% of our board of directors are "Board Strong" certified by Leadership Harrisburg.
Reverend Lori Hatch-Rivera is currently the Senior Pastor of MCC of the Spirit in uptown Harrisburg. Before being ordained in 2004, Rev. Lori was a Teacher and Department Chair at a middle school and worked in the healthcare field. Rev. Lori also sits on the board of The Religion and...
Carmen Henry-Harris is currently the Community Liaison and Coordinator for Penn State University/PACT (Parents And Children Together). One of the primary missions of Parents and Children Together (PACT) is to conduct research to promote well-being, healthy child and youth development, and healthy families...
Jamin Gibson is currently a Credit Executive with PNC Bank. He has held numerous executive positions with the Bank over the past 10 years, working in Baltimore, MD, West Palm Beach, FL, Charlotte, NC and currently in Camp Hill, PA. His banking experience spans some 30+ years. Prior to joining PNC,...
William (Bill) Krenz is an Administrative Associate working in the Department of Nursing at the Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. In this role, he supports the Community Health & Education and Professional Development departments...
Ashleigh Aviles is a Senior Project Manager and Event Production Manager at Latino Connection, a full-service marketing and communications agency whose mission is to educate and support the Latino community while expanding the reach of the organizations they serve...
Russell Boggs was born in Philadelphia, PA and raised in Levittown, PA. He attended Shippensburg University, which brought him to Central Pennsylvania. There he earned BS and MEd degrees. Beginning in 1970, and until he retired in 2005, Russ taught fifth grade in the Cumberland Valley School District. While there,...
Yolanda Edrington is the COO of the National Sexual Violence Resource Center, located in Harrisburg, PA. She manages the operations of the national center in its mission to provide leadership in preventing and responding to sexual violence through collaborating, sharing, and creating resources and promoting research...
Nishant Kumar is the Senior Director of Corporate Strategy for the Hershey Company. In this role, Kumar is responsible for developing the company’s long-term strategy...
Christa Nelson has a strong background in working with the LGBTQ community through helping run drop-in centers for street youth, facilitating a trans youth group, and doing a great deal of outreach, education and activism on transgender issues throughout the state of Oregon. Her work has been informed by her...
Robin Perry-Smith has experience in the nonprofit and academic sectors working to decrease health disparities. With a strong background in public health, her expertise is in the area of health research and practice among diverse communities using community-engagement...
Erin Shirmer has experience with both nonprofit and for-profit organizations as a consultant and a financial executive. She is currently Corporate Controller of Keystone Human Services, Inc...
Gail Snyder is the Director of Community Reporting for Penn State Health Community Relations Department. In this role, she leads the Community Health Needs Assessment process and a team of public health professionals...
Dennis Wenger spent his formative years in the Shippensburg area. He earned degrees from Messiah College, Shippensburg University, Kaplan University and Northcentral University in business administration and healthcare administration...
Alder Health Services seeks board members to share the responsibility of leadership and support the mission and vision of the premiere LGBTQ+ serving organization in South Central Pennsylvania. The mission of Alder Health is to improve the health and well-being of individuals living with HIV/AIDS and members of the LGBTQ community by providing a culturally competent and affirming environment that empowers the people we serve. Those interested in joining our board of directors should have a passion for making health care services available to the entire spectrum of South Central PA residents, regardless of economic status, race, gender or gender expression, sexual orientation with a particular interest in supporting the health and wellness needs of the regional LGBTQ+ community. Candidates should possess a skill set or area of expertise that would contribute to the organization's ongoing success, such as fundraising, finance, healthcare, media, and community-based services.
Alder Health’s core services include behavioral health, case management, STI and HIV testing, primary medical care, family planning, pharmacy services, and wellness activities.
Board Member Commitment of Time, Talent and Resources:
- The board meets six times per year. Board meetings are typically one to one-and-a-half hours in duration. Special board development or other meetings of a longer duration may be held on average of twice per year. The board does not meet in July and August.
- Board terms are three years. Board members may serve a maximum of two consecutive terms, after which a minimum one-year hiatus is required before being considered to return to board service.
- All board members are expected to serve on at least one committee. Committee meetings are held in the alternate months between board meetings. These meetings are typically an hour in duration. Committee Chairs are likely to spend an hour or two preparing for committee meetings. The Board’s Standing Committees are:
- Nominating & Governance
- Public Relations & Marketing
- Board members are expected to volunteer, attend or otherwise participate in at least one fundraising or other special events per year.
- An annual financial contribution is required of each board member. There is no pre-set amount and each board member should determine their level of giving based on personal resources. We are most interested in having 100% participation as part of the Annual Board Appeal, regardless of the amount of your gift.
Potential board candidates should email their resume to email@example.com, or contact one of the following individuals for more information.
- Russell A. Boggs, Chair, Nominating & Governance Committee; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rosemary Browne, President & CEO; email@example.com; 717- 233-7190 ext. 222